Autodesk today announced the availability of Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2016 for Mac® and Autodesk® AutoCAD LT® 2016 for Mac®. The latest release includes key enhancements to create a more “Mac-native” environment for users, including a specialized Mac interface and Mac-specific features. Users will also have full compatibility with the Windows version of AutoCAD and can store and exchange design data with TrustedDWG™ technology.
Here’s what’s new with the 2016 version:
Solutions to working within mixed-computing platforms – Tried-and-true favorite functions adapted from Windows provide uninterrupted collaboration.
- Xref path management – You can now map Xref file paths from your Mac to Windows machines, including networked servers, so sharing drawings back-and-forth between project team members is now easier.
- Express Tools – We’ve brought over several of the popular Express Tools from Windows to Mac, so you get the efficiency gains from Express Tools on your Mac and experience less friction when switching between platforms.
- Features from the Windows version of AutoCAD 2016 – This release includes many of the newest features from the Windows version. You can now use Revision Clouds, DIM Command Enhancements, Command Preview, and Selection Effects on the Mac platform.
Enhancements to create a “Mac-native” environment – Provide ease of use and help boost productivity.
- Properties Palette – You can now display the Properties you use most often without having to scroll through the entire properties list.
- Multi-Lingual User Interface (MUI) – Set your language (French or English) in the Mac System Preferences and AutoCAD will follow. There’s now no need for a separate install.
- Update Notification – Updates are now delivered as small packages that don’t require lengthy downloads or install times.
Performance-improving features – Scores of new features are included in the 2016 release. Below are a few most requested by Mac users.
- Smaller PDFs with select-and-search capability – PDF output file-size is now greatly reduced, making it easier to share and open. Text in your PDFs is now selectable and searchable.
- Pan and Zoom – Navigating your drawings is now easier because we’ve sped up and smoothed out panning and zooming.
- TrueType font enhancements – All TrueType font text is retained in the drawing, so panning and zooming performance is considerably improved.
These enhancements and many more are available with the release of AutoCAD 2016 for Mac and AutoCAD LT 2016 for Mac. Both products are available immediately to most users; however, availability varies by country. To learn more or to download a free trial, visit www.autocad.com or www.autocadlt.com.
The post AutoCAD 2016 for Mac and AutoCAD LT 2016 for Mac Now Available appeared first on AutoCAD Blog.
Source: AutoDesk – AutoCAD